Thursday, February 11, 2010

untitled

dreaming
conscious of my mental state
i look down at my skin
opalescent in the moonlight
i move through the thicket around me
cowering at my obvious vulnerability
i hear movements
i scream
in an attempt to escape
i run
nimble in my movements
but not fast enough
i fall to the ground
as i feel a gyration of movements around me
grating in my mind
the movement stops
and i do not breathe
cannot breathe
for fear i will be found once more
devastated by the loss of an innocence
as i feel the jumbled emotions move through my brain
inarticulate
i stagger away from the dreaded area
though never escaping the horror of that moment
a shudder passes through me
as i fight so smother my rage
my fury
my embarassment
corrupted
i heave
unable to draw air
i heave again
as i feel an irresistible urge to run
to stay
a cacophony of emotion
i stagger further into the forest
oppressive
funereal
i move forward
i heave
bringing myself to my knees
ululations escaping my throat
betraying my fears
as i hear a chant in the distance
implying something ominous
a rite of passage
a sacrifice
as my mind is devoured
by filthy thoughts
and necromancy
filled to the brim
with my dark memories
and i cannot wake
for it was never a dream

No comments:

Post a Comment